Terms, Conditions & Study Rules
Terms & Conditions applicable to CIM programmes in particular
- If an applicant enrols in a Chartered Institute of Marketing ("CIM")-related programme, it is the responsibility of each applicant to satisfy the entry requirements of the CIM. Every assistance will be provided by Avuka Training and Coaching ("Avuka") in cooperation with Cambridge Marketing College ("CMC") to enable the applicant to obtain this information from the CIM.
- All CIM membership and assessment fees are payable in advance together with the tuition fees as part of the enrolment process to Avuka. Tuition fees must be paid in advance of the commencement of the course or as agreed with the College.
- All copy right on material provided by Avuka or its partners, such as CMC, remains the property of Avuka or its partners.
- Avuka tuition fees do include CIM membership and assessment fees. The CIM membership fees are calculated for two years and are subject to change by CIM.
- Tutor Support is for one or two years as specified on enrolment. Extensions may be agreed at Avuka's discretion and are subject to a renewal charge.
General terms & Conditions for all programmes, Modules, short courses and Other events
- Avuka reserves the right to revise tuition/coaching fees at any time.
- Avuka reserves the right to cancel a course or change the schedule for any programme or course, in which case all delegates will be given due notice and also given the options of change or cancellation. In the case of cancellation of a course by Avuka prior to commencement, a full refund will be given.
- Avuka accepts no liability to provide extra tuition/coaching because of delegate absence through, for example, illness.
- Avuka reserves the right to refuse any bookings.
- It is a condition of enrolment that a delegate thereby agrees:
- To take reasonable care of the health and safety of themselves and of the other persons who may be affected by his acts or omissions.
- To co-operate with all members of the Avuka staff in maintaining the requirements of all South African regulations and Acts pertaining to health and safety at work.
- Not to interfere with, intentionally or recklessly, nor to misuse anything provided in the interest of health and safety or welfare in Avuka.
- Avuka accepts no liability for injury or accident however caused whilst in attendance at Avuka premises.
- The formation or continuation of any course or class is dependent upon adequate delegate enrolment and attendance.
- Avuka undertakes to take all reasonable steps to provide educational services in the manner set out in the prospectus and in other documents. Should industrial action, load shedding or other circumstances beyond the control of Avuka interfere with its ability to provide such services, Avuka undertakes to use all reasonable steps to minimise the resultant disruption to educational services. Avuka does not undertake any absolute obligation whatsoever to provide educational services in the manner specified in the Introductory Pack or in any other document, nor does it undertake any other obligation in respect of the provision of educational services which is more onerous than the obligations set out herein.
- Should you become a delegate of Avuka, this notice shall be a term of any contract between you and Avuka. Any offer of a place made to you by Avuka is made on the basis that in accepting such an offer you signify your consent to the incorporation of this notice as a term of any such contract.
- The Avuka leaflet is issued for information purposes only, and whilst every care has been taken in its preparation, Avuka cannot accept liability for the consequences of any inaccuracy. It is issued on the express condition that all matters covered in it are subject to change from time to time. In particular, Avuka reserves the right, in every case, at its discretion and for whatever reason, to amend fees, and to alter or not to alter programmes, modules, courses, parts of courses and other opportunities to study. Any doubt or ambiguity arising from the interpretation of any provision in the Avuka leaflet shall be decided solely by Avuka in accordance with South African Law.
- Whilst every care is taken to ensure that advice given as part of any teaching/training programme is correct, neither Avuka nor its lecturers or any other staff will accept responsibility for any loss, damage, etc., howsoever arising occasioned by the implementation of such advice. Avuka is an equal opportunities training establishment and will not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race or religion.
- Avuka reserves the right to vary these Terms and Conditions.
CANCELLATION Policy pertaining to any type of Event
- For CIM programmes: Cancellations may be made up to 30 days from date of letter of acknowledgement and a full refund will be made less ZAR3,000 plus VAT for administration charges. Cancellations after that date will not be entitled to a refund.
- For any other training, coaching or event: Cancellations may be made up to 10 days prior to the actual date of event without giving reasons and a full refund will be made less ZAR50 plus VAT for administration charges. Cancellations after that date will not be entitled to a refund.
Study Rules (all programmes, Modules, short courses & other events)
As a delegate of Avuka you enter into a learning agreement for the duration of your support time, the elements of which are designed to assist the smooth running of your course:
Avuka will provide:
- Course materials – relevant text books, study guides, presentations or other information material
- Tutors who are active marketers with up to date knowledge and experience
- Tutor support and guidance
- Assessment support
- Tuition and revision sessions, as appropriate
- A response to emailed administrative enquiries within 48 hours
- Feedback on draft assignments or Exam Practice Questions within 10 working days
Remember you are studying for a professional qualification and therefore you need to:
- Attend lectures and online tutorials as specified
- Give 10 working days notice if you are unable to attend (a re-attendance fee will apply if notice is less than 10 working days)
- Read the course materials as requested
- Provide draft assignments by Avuka's published deadlines
- Provide final assignments by Avuka's published deadlines
- Provide Exam Practice Questions by Avuka's published deadlines
- Undertake coursework as instructed by Tutors
- Set aside sufficient regular times to study
- Notify Avuka should your circumstances materially change
General terms & Conditions for all Publications
- Stocks of all goods on offer are limited and Avuka shall take all reasonable efforts to ensure that offers are discontinued when there is no stock available. If Avuka is unable to fulfill any order placed by you at the advertised price due to stock having sold out, Avuka will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund of the amount paid by you for such product.
- Please note some product descriptions or photographs may not be specific to the product you wish to purchase. However, if you are dissatisfied with the product you receive, you are entitled to return the product to Avuka for a full refund. Please see our Refund Policy in this regard for all of the terms and conditions applicable to refunds and returns.
- Avuka may remove any products added to the shopping basket or a wishlist if the purchase cycle is not completed. Only once a completed order is submitted and payment is authorised or received by Avuka will there be an agreement of sale.
- Avuka may blacklist you on its database to refuse to accept payment, and/or to cancel any sale concluded between you and Avuka (with notice to you), to prevent suspected fraud or the unfair use of promotions.
- The price of each product, or the discounted price when applicable is displayed with the product listing.
- Delivery charges are based on the product type, price, and weight and the delivery address as specified in the shopping basket.
- Value added tax at the rate of 14% is charged on goods bought by South African residents. If the shipping and billing address is international, VAT is not applicable.
- For delivery of products to foreign addresses, you are responsible for determining whether any import duties/levies are payable and the relevant amount.
- If products are erroneously offered at incorrect prices and/or delivery charges, Avuka will not be obliged to sell products at such incorrect prices and/or delivery charges, but shallrefund monies paid by you should you not wish to proceed with the purchase at the correct price and/or delivery charge.
- Publications are delivered by Fastway couriers, f not stated otherwise.
- Delivery periods are only regarded as having commenced upon payment confirmation being received by Avuka.
- Delivery periods are calculated based on business days only. Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays are not taken into account in calculating delivery periods.
- If products with different delivery times are ordered together, the product with the longest delivery time will determine the delivery time of all the products in the order.
- Save for Avuka being liable to you under the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (“CPA”) in relation to any products sold by Avuka to you via the Website; and under sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the ECT Act in relation to Avuka's payment systems not being sufficiently secure, neither Avuka nor any of its agents or representatives shall be liable for any loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from the use or inability to use this Website or the services or content provided from and through this Website. Furthermore, Avuka makes no representations or warranties that, amongst others, the content and technology available from this Website are free from errors or that the service will be 100% error free. You are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors to http://www.avukatraining.com.
- Although the products sold via the Website may be under warranty, the Website itself is supplied on an “as is” basis and has not been compiled or supplied to meet your individual requirements.
- Information, ideas and opinions expressed on this Website should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of Avuka and you are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to information, ideas or opinions expressed on this Website.
- This Website is governed by South African law.